Claudia Jessie Peyton is an English actress. She is known for television roles in the third series of BBC One “WPC 56”, the ITV series “Vanity Fair”, the Dave sitcom “Porters” and the Netflix series “Bridgerton”.
Jessie was born in Moseley and grew up on a barge. She spent part of her childhood in London and was homeschooled from the age of 14, returning to Birmingham at 17. Her family experienced financial difficulties; Jesse describes the experiences associated with this, such as the bailiffs coming to the door, as traumatic. In addition, her parents separated, and her father was not around. Her single mother, Dawn, worked as a cleaner to support her and her brother and afford ballet lessons.
She was discovered by Hannah Phillips, who invited her to several local plays. In 2012, she signed with an agent.
Jesse’s early work included acting on Doctors, Casualty and Line of Duty. She has appeared in House of Anubis, including the TV movie Touchstone of Ra.
- From 2014 to 16, Jessie starred in the BAFTA award-winning CBBC Online web series Dixi as Shari.
- In 2015, she played the role of WPC Annie Taylor, the protagonist of the third series of the BBC One television program WPC 56.]
- She was a guest on Josh, playing a love interest.
- In 2014, Jessie starred in the short film Copy That, directed by Kingsley Hoskins, which won the award for Best Comedy Short Film at TSFA New York.
- Jessie made her feature film debut as Doris in the 2016 war film Their Finest.
- In 2017, she starred in the sitcom Dave Porters and in the 2018 ITV miniseries Vanity Fair.
- She appeared in the 2018 Doctor Who episode “Kerblam!”.
- In 2020, she began playing Eloise, the Bridgertons’ fifth child, in the Netflix drama Bridgerton, an adaptation of Julia Quinn novels.
Jesse has a boyfriend Joseph. She stated that she is a vegan and meditates for at least an hour a day. She was introduced to Nichiren Buddhism by her aunt and Jessie has been practicing it regularly since she was 17 for her mental health. She talked about suffering from panic attacks and anxiety since childhood, as well as from depersonalization disorder.
- 2012 Rosie Rosie Short film
- 2014 Copy That Beth Short film
- 2016 Their Finest Doris Cleveley / Lily
- 2012 Doctors Kate Marshall Episode (14.131): “Host Family”
- 2013 House of Anubis Sophia Danai Episode (3.20): “House of Eclipse”
- 2013 House of Anubis: Touchstone of Ra Sophia Danai
- 2013 The Paradise Mrs. Douglas Episode (2.8)
- 2013 Casualty Jenny Anover Episode (28.11): “In Love Syndrome”
- 2014 Doctors Poppy Conroy Recurring role, 12 episodes
- 2015 WPC 56 WPC Annie Taylor Series 3, main role, 5 episodes
- 2015 Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell Mary 4 episodes
- 2015 Josh Lucy Episode: “Suited and Booted”
- 2015 Bull Faye 3 episodes
- 2016 Call the Midwife Jeanette Su Episode (5.3)
- 2017 Father Brown Joan Vanderlande Episode (5.2): “Minotaur’s Labyrinth”
- 2017 Carters Get Rich Charity Worker Episode: “Bad Press”
- 2017 Line of Duty Detective Constable Jodie Taylor 6 episodes (episode 4)
- 2017-present Time Porters Lucy Main role
- 2017 Detectives Dr. Hoffman 1 episode
- 2017 Comedy Blaps Danielle Episode: “Raging Andrew”
- 2018 Lovesick Tasha Episode: “Tasha”
- 2018 Vanity Fair Amelia Sedley Miniseries; main role
- 2018 Doctor Who Kira Arlo Episode (11.7): “Kerblam!”
- 2019 – present Protection of the Guilty Nessus
- 2020 Bridgerton Eloise Bridgerton Main role
- 2014-2016 Dixie Shari Main role
- 2017 Tolkien in Love Edith Radio 4 Drama
Claudia Jessie on IMDb https://www.imdb.com/name/nm5104710/