In this Spanish surname, the first or paternal surname is Amoros and the second or maternal surname is Sagrera.
Georgina Amoros Sagrera (born April 30, 1998) is a Spanish actress, best known for her television work in series such as Elite, Welcome to the Family and Locked Up. She is also known for promoting her ideas through social media and at events. In 2020, she starred in Rifkin’s Festival, her first fully English speaking role.
Georgina Amoros Sagrera was born on April 30, 1998 in Barcelona, Catalonia. She is fluent in Catalan, Spanish, French and English.
Amoros said that she started acting as a child in small productions, and at the end she had to be pulled away because she really liked it. At 17, she moved to Los Angeles, USA to study acting. She has worked on several Netflix series since 2017, including Welcome to the Family, a non-Netflix original series where she had her first lead role as Alex. Her character’s story in the second season was shown in a video by the Catalan television network TV3, where she called it an “amorous plot”.
Of all her works, she said that she was most proud of “Welcome to the Family”, her only work in Catalan, because she learned a lot. She also starred in the final season of the prison drama Locked Up playing Fatima Amir, the daughter of Najwa Nimri’s character.
In 2019, she joined the cast of the Netflix original series Elite, playing Cayetana, the daughter of a school cleaner who also receives a scholarship there. The character, who is a social media influencer, explores how people are not always what they appear to be online (different characters in the series are not what they appear to be to varying degrees); Amoros says her character is “outwardly happy, but has many levels.”
The media compares Cayetana to Amoros herself, noting that the actress shares unflattering photos on Instagram and uses her popularity to push things forward.
Also in 2019, she got a role in Woody Allen’s Rifkin Festival, which will be released in 2020. She was excited about this opportunity after watching the movie “Vicky Cristina Barcelona” and knowing that the Hollywood director was in her hometown, Barcelona. In this film, she plays in English.
Amoros has been in a relationship with Elite series executive producer Diego Betancore since 2019. In 2019, she received death threats on Twitter because of her character in the series Elite and deleted her account.
She is a feminist and campaigner against LGBT+ discrimination and has also created the “Por Un Solo Voto” campaign to encourage young people in Spain to use their voice.
- 2014 Velvet young Ana Ribera Lopez Antena 3 4 episodes
- 2015 Bajo sospecha Emilia “Emi” Vega Castro Antena 3 8 episodes
- Águila Roja La 1 3 episodes
- 2016 Seis Hermanas Lorenza La 1 7 episodes
- 2017-2018 Welcome to the family of Alexander “Àlex” Argente TV3 26 episodes
- Locked Up Fatima Amin FOX 5 episodes
- 2019-present Elite Cayetana Grier Pando Netflix 23 episodes
- 2021 Élite: historias breves Cayetana Grajera Pando Netflix 3 episodes
- 2016 Teeny: The Movie Eloisa Martinez Juan Pablo Buscarini
- 2017 It’s for your own good Marta Carlos Theron
- 2020 Rifkin Festival Delores Woody Allen
- Georgina Amoros on IMDb https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2190133/