Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev: general information
- Full name: Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev
- Date of Birth: January 8, 1935
- Place of birth: Belogorka village, Vorotynsky district, Gorky region.
- Height: –
- Weight: –
- Brief biography: On May 18, 2021, at the age of 86, Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev, an outstanding scientist, specialist in the field of satellite communications and telecommunication systems, Doctor of Technical Sciences, Professor, Laureate of the USSR State Prize, passed away.
- Education: In 1957 he graduated from the radiophysics faculty of the Gorky State University. N.I. Lobachevsky.
- Awards: Evgeny Fedorovich was awarded the Order of Lenin and the Order of the Badge of Honor for the creation of the most important communication and information transmission systems on defense topics, honorary radio operator of the USSR, inventor of the USSR, academician of the International Academy of Communications, full member of the Academy of Engineering Sciences of the Russian Federation, full member International Academy of Informatization, Corresponding Member of the Academy of Technological Sciences of the Russian Federation.
Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev biography
On May 18, 2021, at the age of 86, Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev passed away – an outstanding scientist, specialist in the field of satellite communications and telecommunication systems, organizer of work on the implementation of projects to create systems and means of communication for defense and national economic purposes.
Evgeny Fedorovich was born on January 8, 1935 in the village of Belogorka, Vorotynsky district, Gorky region. After graduating from high school, he entered Gorky State University. N.I. Lobachevsky to the Faculty of Radiophysics, from which he graduated in 1957.
Evgeny Fedorovich devoted his entire working life to the creation of communication systems, worked at the Institute of Terrestrial Magnetism, Ionosphere and Radio Wave Propagation of the USSR Academy of Sciences (IZMARAN), then at the Moscow Research Institute of Radio Communications (MNIIRS), having gone from engineer to deputy director of the institute, at the Research Institute of Communications and Control Systems (NIISSU) as the first deputy director of the institute, and later the director of this institute.
- In 1964 after defending his Ph.D. thesis by the decision of the Higher Attestation Commission of the USSR, E.F. Kamnev was awarded the degree of Candidate of Technical Sciences, and in 1974 – the degree of Doctor of Technical Sciences and Evgeny Fedorovich was included in the Higher Attestation Commission of the USSR (HAC of the USSR).
- From 1976 to 1989 Professor Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev was a Member of the Scientific and Technical Council of the State Commission of the Council of Ministers of the USSR.
- From 1979 to 1989 Evgeny Fedorovich worked at the Research Institute of Communications and Control Systems (NIISSU) as First Deputy Director – Deputy Director for Research. During these years, work was launched in the country to develop a radio communication system with mobile objects, and under his leadership a new government communication system was created with the provision of a full range of communication services to users.
- In 1989-1992 E. F. Kamnev worked at the Moscow Research and Production Association (MNPO) Astra as First Deputy General Director and at the same time General Director of the Marathon-Earth Association, which included 15 large manufacturing plants of radio electronic equipment.
In 1990, he was elected Managing Director of the Konsatcom consortium, which included a number of large defense enterprises of the country on space issues (MNPO Astra, RSC Energia, NPO named after S.A. Lavochkin, Design Bureau Salyut ”, NPO “Radiophysics”).
- From 1991 to 2003 worked as the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the telecommunications operator OJSC Aerocom and as the chief designer and member of the Board of Directors of the telecommunications operator OJSC Russian Telecommunications Network, and from 2003 to 2012 as President of LLC Global Communication Systems”.
Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev created over 200 scientific works, including 5 monographs on the subject of satellite communications, and 70 inventions, was the owner of two Russian patents.
The labor activity of Yevgeny Fedorovich Kamnev was highly appreciated by the country’s leadership – Laureate of the State Prize of the USSR, awarded the Order of Lenin and the Order of the Badge of Honor for creating the most important communication systems and transmitting information on defense topics.
Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev – Honorary Radio Operator of the USSR, Inventor of the USSR, Academician of the International Academy of Communications, full member of the Academy of Engineering Sciences of the Russian Federation, full member of the International Academy of Informatization, corresponding member of the Academy of Technological Sciences of the Russian Federation.
Until the last day of his life, Evgeny Fedorovich worked actively, was aware of modern projects in the field of satellite communications, both international and Russian, deeply analyzed global trends in the development of satellite communications and worked tirelessly to develop innovative technical solutions, creating the appearance of new space systems.
Evgeny Fedorovich possessed not only the worthy qualities of an outstanding leader, but also the rare qualities of a mentor and a devoted friend. The departure of the talented scientist Yevgeny Fedorovich Kamnev is a heavy loss.
Friends and relatives mourn the loss of Yevgeny Fedorovich Kamnev and condole with his family.
Significant stages of scientific and technical activity of Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev:
- In 1963, he proposed (for the first time in the world) to use satellites in high elliptical orbits to solve communication problems on the territory of the USSR. On the basis of these proposals, a number of important satellite communication systems for defense and civil purposes have been created.
- In 1969, Evgeny Fedorovich was appointed chief designer of a government communications system with mobile objects, and under his leadership a new government communications system was created with the provision of a full range of communications services to special users.
- As part of the creation of the Unified Satellite Communications System (ESSS-1), Evgeny Fedorovich proposed unique system and engineering solutions in order to increase its throughput.
- In 1976, he developed the Korund ASM satellite station for installation in a one-car railway communication center of the USSR Minister of Defense.
- While working at NIISSU, he was appointed deputy chief designer of the Redut-2 field automated communication system of the Ministry of Defense and supervised the creation of the KGB operational communication field network.
- As part of the R&D “Stratosphere” (organization of redundant radio communication networks between field communication centers of the Ministry of Defense), Chief Designer E.F. Kamnev proved that the use of repeaters on flight-lifting facilities allows you to build efficiently functioning radio networks with a large service area.
- From 1991 to 2006, in the absence of funding for work on defense and government topics, E.F. Kamnev decided to completely switch to work on civilian topics, and implemented a number of bright and successful projects within the framework of the companies – telecom operators JSC Aerocom and JSC Russian Telecommunications Network, which later became part of PJSC Rostelecom.
- Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev was the initiator of the creation in 2003 and the first General Director of CJSC RUSNET LABS. By 2016, the company has transformed into one of the key players in the Russian IT market and a technological partner of the Rostelecom group of companies – RTLabs.
- In 1996, Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev was appointed Director of the Moscow Research Institute of Communications of the Ministry of Defense Industry of the Russian Federation.
- In 1998, by decision of the USSR military-industrial complex, he took part in the development of a concept for building a multifunctional satellite communication system with spacecraft launched into orbit using the Energia launch vehicle.
- Under the leadership of E.F. Kamnev, the development of the first stage of a satellite communication system for the Ministry of Railways of the Russian Federation was carried out and mass production of low-channel digital radio relay stations “Zvezda” developed by MNPO “Astra” was launched.
- From 1996 to 2012 E.F. Kamnev, using innovative solutions, developed concepts for building a number of promising satellite communication systems (with estimates of their economic efficiency indicators).
- In 2012, at the initiative of the son of Evgeny Fedorovich – V. E. Kamnev – to carry out research activities in the field of space technology, telecommunications and navigation, develop and design promising satellite communication systems and build commercial satellite networks based on them LLC Global Communications Systems was established, where innovative and promising projects were developed under his leadership, including the Satellite Communication and Broadcasting System using spacecraft in a highly elliptical orbit (“Express-RV”).
- In 2013, at the initiative of Intersputnik IOCS, under the leadership of V. E. Kamnev, Global Communications Systems LLC developed the Concept for building a Rosinfocom satellite communication system with spacecraft in a highly elliptical orbit.
- In 2015, NEBO Global Communications LLC was established to carry out operator activities for the provision of communication services using a satellite communication system with spacecraft in a highly elliptical orbit. Evgeny Fedorovich Kamnev was the general designer of this company and made an invaluable contribution to the formation of the concept of creating a mobile satellite communications system.